Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 January 2012

January 4th, 2012

Hello world.

Today I would like to ask anyone out there with small children, what,if any, punnishment they give, and is effective. It seems what I am doing is not working. I hate the term punnishment, I would prefer, discipline, but the way things go around here, it ends up being punnishment for us both. You see, I am not a believer in spanking, or corporal punishment of any kind, but I have spanked merely out of frustration before, and I would like to know how to teach my 3 year old respect rather than fear.
Fear does work...
I guess fear doesn't have to be complete terror, but you know what I mean.
I have seen situations where children have become completely out of control due to lack of consistency/ respect for rules, and do not want this for my kids.
It's hard to be a hard-ass when it's your own kids!

And, it's still PISSING...ahh, BC.

Peace and love,

J

1 comment:

  1. I read unconditional parenting by alfie kohn and found it very helpful. I do not believe in spanking or yelling or any means of corporal punishment. I took what I could from the book. Not all of it I thought was right for me. I would let you borrow it but it's a kobo book.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete